Wednesday, March 20

meet the crew: nadine

Alright, it's time for the next installment of 'meet the crew'. Our second crew member joined the team this past summer (July 2012). Everyone, meet Nadine.

This is the first night I brought her home.


Nadine was a stray that was found in the bushes one fateful night at a friend's house. We were doing our Bible study and noticed a young Hispanic girl outside of my friend's house pointing at the bushes. We went out to check on her and she showed us the kitten.


We asked the little girl what her name was and she said, "Nadine". And so, as a group, we named the kitten after her. I volunteered to take her home for the night and then figure out what to do in the morning. Turns out, she stole my heart and I ended up keeping her.


Plus, her and Tucker got along really well! It was a miracle. And clearly a sign...she had to stick around. Tucker needed a little feline friend to play with.



I never had a cat growing up. My dad is allergic to them so I never understood them. And then I got Nadine. She is crazy, independent, and has nearly destroyed half of my furniture by turning it into a scratching pole...but I love her nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment