Sunday, May 19

luggage love affair

Crew luggage. The extension of a flight attendants arm. Many airlines require their flight attendants to purchase a uniform set of luggage, but the airline I work for allows a little more flexibility. There isn't a required brand, but there are regulations in regards to the type of luggage I can purchase. Being that I have had one cheap crappy inexpensive set of luggage, I wasn't really sure where to start. Thankfully, being at an Inflight Training Center has had it's advantages. I'm constantly surrounded by pilots and flight attendants, so I asked around. I quickly came to find that Travelpro is one of the most popular choices.

To give you an idea of what I was working with before I upgraded, here's a visual.



Flimsy sides, broken zippers, and overall not in compliance. This luggage worked for me for the little trips I have taken over the past few years, but I definitely needed a new set for work. And without further ado, here's my new 'forearm'.






A standard set of crew luggage consists of a rollaboard, tote, and lunchbox. I purchased the Flight Crew 4 22" Expandable Rollaboard Suiter, the Flight Tote, and the Large Crew Cooler. This set fits together seamlessly which makes it extremely easy to travel with. Each piece has multiple different compartments which makes organization a breeze! I love it!

Flight attendants are required to carry an Onboard Manual on every flight so that will typically go in the tote along with other items I may want quick access to. And the lunchbox may seem a little excessive, but being that I have to eat gluten free and I'll be gone for days at a time, I think I'll be glad I got the large one.

Needless to say, I'm excited to break in these bad boys. That being said, I think it's time to pack up this post. (pun intended)

No comments:

Post a Comment