Sunday, September 22

san antonio riverwalk


San Antonio. Known for the Alamo, Spanish missions, great food, the Riverwalk, and more. I had a long layover recently and since I had never been there, I asked for suggestions on what to do. The verdict? Explore the Riverwalk. Thankfully, it was only a few short blocks away from my hotel so I was easily able to walk there!



I love when I go to places that I can just walk around and enjoy being there. When I don't have a long list of places I have to see or things I have to do...I feel free and relaxed. The Riverwalk was exactly that for me.








As I was walking, I noticed a small shopping center. I decided to go in to cool off for a minute and then, I saw this.


I was awestruck. I absolutely love blown glass. I had a professor in college that studied art and had experience in glass blowing. He would talk about the intricacies involved in the art and I was fascinated from that moment on. Unfortunately, I lost the business card of the artist that created these pieces. She is brilliant though! I'll do my best to make it back next time I'm in San Antonio so I can get her information.




I love San Antonio and am excited to have another layover there again. If I do, I'm taking Kelly with me...she spent a summer there a couple of years ago and I would love to have her show me around!

1 comment:

  1. So incredibly beautiful! I could've walked around there for hours!! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete