Thursday, July 4

happy independence day

The original plan was for me to be in New York today. I was going to stay the night and then head to London tomorrow evening. Since I didn't have to be up early for work, I figured I would take the train to NYC and watch the fireworks. Due to circumstances beyond my control, none of that will be happening. Instead, I'm spending my 4th at home, baking banana bread, watching movies, and relaxing with Tucker and Nadine. Not a bad trade in my opinion. 

I will say, I'm sad to miss this...

Photo: www.nyhabitat.com

Maybe next year.

As I've gotten older, I've been able to more fully understand and be thankful for the freedom I have living in America. I'm grateful for our soldiers, their sacrifices, and the ability to be a citizen of a free country. Exponentially more than that, I'm thankful for my freedom in Christ. 

"For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death."
Romans 8:2

I know what it is like to be enslaved and I praise God for choosing to set me free, thus enabling me to serve Him with my whole being. Today is a day of thankfulness...mostly for freedom. My prayer is that many might come to know true freedom in Christ. Praise be to God that you don't have to be in America to experience it...His freedom knows no boundaries. So, those who have been set free, take it to the nations, to your neighbors, to your family. Let freedom ring. His freedom for His glory.

Happy 4th of July

No comments:

Post a Comment